Here is how to protect your tweets on Twitter; but would you really want to?
- Twitter users can protect their tweets and make them visible only to their followers by changing the settings under "Audience and tagging".
Now people have got several platforms to share their thoughts, views and opinions. Twitter is one such platform. Every Twitter user can see the posts of the person he/she follows and vice versa. However, there are instances when you do not want everyone to see your tweets or tags in photos. Do you know that you can protect your tweets so that only your followers will be able to see them. Yes, you can do so. Twitter has informed about the same via a tweet. "So you don't want everyone to see your Tweets or tag you in photos? You can protect your Tweets so only your followers can see them and limit who can tag you in photos. Head into “Audience and tagging”," it tweeted.
When you sign up for Twitter, your tweets are public by default that means that anyone can view and interact with your tweets. But there are options to protect your Tweets, you can do so through your account settings. As per the information provided by Twitter, if you protect your tweets, you will receive a request when new people want to follow you, which you can approve or deny. Also, you need to note that accounts that began following you before you protected your tweets will still be able to view and interact with your protected tweets unless you block them.
So you don't want everyone to see your Tweets or tag you in photos? You can protect your Tweets so only your followers can see them and limit who can tag you in photos.— Twitter Safety (@TwitterSafety) November 9, 2021
Head into “Audience and tagging”.
What happens when you protect your tweets:
1. You will receive a request when new people want to follow you, which you can approve or deny.
2. Your tweets, including permanent links to your tweets, will only be visible to your followers.
3. Your followers will not be able to use the Retweet icon to Retweet or Retweet with comment.
4. Protected tweets will not appear in third-party search engines (like Google search).
5. Your protected tweets will only be searchable on Twitter by you and your followers.
6. Replies you send to an account that is not following you will not be seen by that account (because only your followers will see your tweets).
If you want to protect your tweets here is all you need to do:
1. Go to the settings option in your Twitter account,
2. Go to privacy and safety.
3. Click on Audience and tagging.
4. You will find an option saying "Protect your Tweets". You will have to check the check box present beside the option.
You can also control who can tag you in photos by clicking on Photo tagging option available just below Protect your tweets option.
From there you can select either of the options that is "Anyone can tag you" or "Only people you follow can tag you."
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.