Linked your PAN with Aadhaar card? Do it online or else face crackdown- Process explained
You can link your PAN with Aadhaar card online by visiting the official website of Income Tax Department at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
PAN-Aadhaar linking: Have you linked your PAN with Aadhaar card? If not then, you are advised to link your Permanent Account Number (PAN) with your Aadhaar card by March 31, 2022. You can link both the documents online by visiting the official website of the Income Tax Department. It can be noted that if you fail to link the documents by the given deadline then your PAN card will become invalid and you will also have to pay Rs. 1,000 for PAN Aadhaar linking. Apart from this, if you furnish the invalid PAN Card for official use then under Section 272N of the Income Tax Act 1961, the Assessing Officer may direct you to pay a penalty sum of Rs. 10,000.
It can be noted that both Aadhaar and PAN are very important documents and are required for getting official work done. However, if you are not aware whether your PAN is linked with your Aadhar card or not, then you can also check the same from the official website of Income Tax Department. Here are the simple and easy steps which you can follow to link your PAN with Aadhaar:
How to link PAN with Aadhaar online
1. Open the Income Tax e-filing portal or click on the link - https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
2. Register on it (if not already done). Your PAN will be your user id.
3. Log in by entering the User ID, password and date of birth.
4. A pop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings' on Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar'.
5. Details such as name date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
6. Verify the PAN details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar. It can be noted that if there is a mismatch, you need to get the same corrected in either of the documents.
7. If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
8. A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN.
9. You may also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ OR https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
How to check if your PAN and Aadhaar are linked