Protect your tweets from CREEPY stalkers: Know how to secure them on Twitter
Do you use Twitter? Protect your tweets and make them visible only to their followers. Here is how.
Do you use Twitter? Everyone can see your tweets and posts unless you choose to limit the reach of your tweets to your followers only. Yes, you can protect your tweets and enable only your followers to see them. Twitter has informed about the same via a tweet. "So you don't want everyone to see your Tweets or tag you in photos? You can protect your Tweets so only your followers can see them and limit who can tag you in photos. Head into “Audience and tagging”," it tweeted.
When you sign up for Twitter, your tweets are public by default that means that anyone can view and interact with your tweets. But there are options to protect your Tweets, you can do so through your account settings. As per the information provided by Twitter, if you protect your tweets, you will receive a request when new people want to follow you, which you can approve or deny.
Also, you need to note that accounts that began following you before you protected your tweets will still be able to view and interact with your protected tweets unless you block them.
What happens when you protect your tweets:
1. You will receive a request when new people want to follow you, which you can approve or deny.
2. Your tweets, including permanent links to your tweets, will only be visible to your followers.
3. Your followers will not be able to use the Retweet icon to Retweet or Retweet with comment.
4. Protected tweets will not appear in third-party search engines (like Google search).
5. Your protected tweets will only be searchable on Twitter by you and your followers.
6. Replies you send to an account that is not following you will not be seen by that account (because only your followers will see your tweets).
If you want to protect your tweets here is all you need to do:
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.