Akshaya Tritiya 2022: Here's how to buy gold online via Google Pay, Paytm
This Akshaya Tritiya you can buy digital gold via Google Pay and Paytm. Check the step-by-step guide here.
Akshaya Tritiya 2022: Akshaya Tritiya, considered to be one of the most auspicious days of the year, will be celebrated in India on Tuesday, May 3, 2022. Other than Diwali and Dhanteras, people also consider buying or investing in gold on Akshaya Tritiya with a belief to get blessed with wealth throughout the year. You can purchase gold on this auspicious day either by making a visit to the stores or you can also buy it online. Traditionally, people purchase gold in the form of jewellery, coins, or bars. However, now buying digital gold is considered to be one of the most convenient ways of investing in gold. Online payment making applications like Google Pay and Paytm also provide you the option to buy digital gold.
Before we tell you how you can buy gold via Google Pay and Paytm it is important to know what digital gold is. Digital gold is a way to invest in gold but as the name suggests, digitally. It is considered to be a safe solution for investors, as it can be bought and stored safely online. There is no storage cost for digital gold and you can even sell it whenever you want. With digital gold you have access to real time market prices of gold.
If you want to invest in digital gold then here is how you can buy it via Google Pay and Paytm. Check the step-by-step guide below.
How to buy gold via Google Pay
1. Open Google Pay and tap New.
2. In the search bar, enter "Gold Locker." Then, search for that term.
3. Tap Gold Locker and then click Buy. The current market buying price of gold (including tax) will appear. This price stays locked for 5 minutes after you begin the purchase, as the buying price may change throughout the day.
4. Enter the amount of gold you want to buy, in INR. It can be noted that there's no overall limit on the total worth of gold you can buy. However, there's a limit of Rs. 50,000 that you can buy in one day. The minimum purchase amount is Rs. 1 of gold.
5. Tap Check mark and then select your preferred payment method in the window that appears.
6. Tap Proceed to pay. After the transaction is confirmed, the gold should appear in your Locker within a few minutes. It can be noted that you cannot cancel a purchase after the transaction is processed. You can, however, sell it back at the current market price.
How to buy gold via Paytm
Open the Paytm app on your mobile phone and go to the All Services section.
Go to the search bar and search the term Gold and click on it.
Select from the options – Buy in Amount or Buy in Grams and then enter the amount you want to buy and click on Proceed.
Complete the purchase to buy digital gold. You can make payment from Paytm Wallet, UPI, Net Banking, Debit or Credit Card.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.