Check Aadhaar Card status online in simple steps, Here’s how to
You can check Aadhaar card status online by visiting the official website UIDAI at https://resident.uidai.gov.in. Know the steps here.
Applied for an Aadhaar card or updating some detail and now you want to know the status? You can check Aadhaar card status online from home on your smartphone or computer in a few simple steps. Aadhaar card, which carries a unique 12-digit random number is issued to every citizen by the Government of India and is required for identification purposes almost everywhere. From opening your account in a bank, sourcing benefits from social service schemes to applying for a job, almost every official dealing with government and private entities requires an Aadhaar card. However, to keep using your Aadhaar for official purposes, it needs to be updated with the correct information.
After completing the enrolment process for a new Aadhaar Card at an Aadhaar Seva Kendra, you can check the status of your Aadhaar on the Unique Identification Authority of India's official website (UIDAI). To check the status, you'll need to enter the Enrolment ID and the date. You can access the date and Enrolment ID written on the acknowledgement slip. Here are the steps to check the status online:
Steps to Check Your Aadhaar Status Online
- To check the Aadhaar status online, you will first need to visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India via this link - https://resident.uidai.gov.in.
- Then, tap on 'My Aadhaar'
- It will open up a new page. Here, click on 'Check Aadhaar Status' under the ‘Get Aadhaar' section.
- Now, you will need to enter your Enrolment ID and date.
- Verify and confirm the 'Captcha'.
- Finally, tap on 'Check Status'.
How to check the Aadhaar Status online if you lost your Enrolment ID?
The only option to check the Aadhaar status online is via the Enrolment ID. But if you lost it, then what to do? Don't worry! You can still check the status. You can get your Enrolment ID (EID) by going to UIDAI's official website.
Here's how to is retrieving the EID: