Christmas shopping? Google Chrome price drops feature now available; here is how to track
Google Chrome users can now track prices of the products they want to buy. Here is how.
People spend a huge amount of time and effort to track several websites to compare the prices of products they wish to buy in a desperate search to get the things cheaper.. As we are in the mood of celebrations due to Christmas and New Year's eve not being far off either, people do give each other gifts to celebrate. Several online stores, ecommerce websites are announcing exciting offers and benefits. But to figure out which is the best one you need to invest time comparing them. In order to help customers Google Chrome has introduced a new feature to track prices of the products online to help shoppers get the best deal.
Announcing the feature, Google Chrome said in its blog post that 'keep track of price drops' is a new mobile feature for Android users and that too in the United States. The feature will show an item's updated price right in your open tabs grid so you can easily see if and when the price has dropped. Chrome further informed that this same feature will launch on iOS in the coming weeks. How will Chrome's track of price drops benefit customers? The track of price drops feature will eliminate the manual process to visit the sites separately and refresh the page to see if the price of certain products has been changed or not. The new feature will help shoppers by implementing a new overlay on the tab grid that will show the new price of the product as well as the original price of the product.
By this, the shoppers will be able to see the discounted price of an item and keep track of the price change on the Chrome app. For multiple products in multiple separate tabs, there will be a separate overlay for each tab and product, enabling users to track the prices of many products quickly at the same time.
How to use Google Chrome Track price drops feature
1. You will have to open Chrome on Android and open a page with the product you want to buy.
2. Then go to the three-dot menu available on the top right corner.
3. You will be able to see a new ‘Track Prices' option. Click on it.
4. After clicking, you will get to see the price drop on the products that they want to purchase.
It must be noted that this feature is available only on Google Chrome updated version.
However, if you do not see the track price option even on the updated version of Google Chrome, then you can try doing so by using the alternative methods given below:
1. Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
2. Next, type chrome://flags in the address bar, and then press Enter.
3. In the search bar you will then have to type “Tab Grid Layout”.
4. Under the flag titled “Tab Grid Layout” you will have to select the drop-down menu and click on “Enabled Price Notifications.”
5. You will have to restart the browser after enabling a flag in order to apply the change. When you are ready you need to select the blue “Relaunch” button.
6. As per a report by howtogeek.com, there are two parts to this feature. You can see price drops displayed on the open tabs and receive alerts. You need to tap the tabs icon in the Chrome top bar to get started.
7. You will find a box underneath your open tabs saying “Get alerts for price drops?” Tap “‘Get Notified' to opt-in.”
8. To see price drops on the tabs, tap the three-dot menu icon on the New Tab page and select “Track Price.”
9. Make sure that “Track Price on Tabs” is toggled on.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.