EPFO: Want money via Covid-19 advance? File Online or via UMANG App- Steps explained
Members of the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) can file Covid-19 Advance online or through UMANG App. Check the step-by-step guide here.
With the Covid-19 cases surging again in the country, people need to have some finance available at all times to tackle any emergency situation that may arise. After the outbreak of Coronavirus pandemic, the central government had said that the members of Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) can claim Covid-19 advance online. EPFO further informed that people can file for Covid-19 advance through UMANG App or by visiting the official website of EPFO.
But before we discuss the steps to do so, it should be known that, according to EPFO, members of the EPF scheme can get non-refundable withdrawal to the extent of the basic wages and dearness allowances for three months or up to 75 percent of the amount standing to their credit in the EPF account, whichever is less. The amount standing to credit in EPF includes employee's share, employer's share and interest thereupon.
You can claim for Covid-19 advance if your UAN is validated with Aadhaar and KYC of Bank account and Mobile number is seeded in UAN. No certificate or documents are to be submitted by the member or his/her employer for availing the benefit. Also, it can be noted that since withdrawal is non-refundable, there is no requirement to refund the amount.
How to file Covid-19 Advance via EPFO official website
1. Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal (https://unifiedportalmem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface).
2. Go to Online Services and then click on Claim (Form-31,19,10C & 10D).
3. Enter last 4 digits of your Bank Account and verify.
4. Click on “Proceed for Online Claim”.
5. Select PF Advance (Form 31) from the drop down.
6. Select purpose as “Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)” from the drop down.
7. Enter amount required and Upload scanned copy of cheque and enter your address.
8. Click on “Get Aadhaar OTP”
9. Enter the OTP received on Aadhaar linked mobile.
10. Claim is submitted.
How to file Covid-19 Advance via UMANG app