Garena Free Fire: Suffered a phishing attack? Here is how to stop big loss; check steps
- To save your Garena Free Fire account from a phishing attack, here are the steps to take to stop loss.
Almost every gamer has Garena Free Fire installed on her or his phone. Players love playing Free Fire, one of the most popular battle royale games due to the extreme thrills that it offers. It is a violence-filled game that many countries have sought to ban. However, the spread of Free Fire is continuing apace. The game also lures many people to itself by not only providing a vast range of cosmetics like outfits, skins, and more to choose from but also releases free redeem codes periodically, which provide access to special items. Whoever plays the game, may it be an adult or a child. Due to its extreme popularity, it has come into the crosshairs of hackers. Therefore, it is important for every player to keep their Free Fire account safe from hackers and keep themselves safe away from a phishing attack.
You can know that phishing is an attempt to gain access to your account by stealing (or tricking you into revealing) your sensitive information such as passwords and credit card information. It is very important to keep your Free Fire account safe or it may lead you to losing your money and even revealing sensitive information. Gamers who are not much aware about phishing can check the following characteristics to know if they have suffered a phishing attack or not. Free Fire players are generally face attacks in the form of phishing emails / SMS / messages.
Phishing emails / SMS / messages may have the following characteristics:
1. Requests personal or financial information such as your credit card number
2. Contains unsolicited attachments
3. Contains a forged link
4. Urges you to act quickly
5. Uses a generic greeting such as "Dear User"
6. Is unprofessional, contains spelling mistakes and bad grammar
However, it is important to note that not all phishing emails / SMS / messages will have these characteristics, so never share your personal or financial information via such channels.
Also, if you suspect that you have been phished you can inform about the same at https://ffsupport.garena.com/hc/en-us.
Here are some of the tips and tricks using which you can keep your Free Fire account safe from phishing attacks:
1. A strong password is a must. It has the following characteristics:
a. It should be a complex password and must not contain your personal name or username.
b. Password must have a minimum length of 8 characters.
c. Free Fire account password must contain numbers, symbols (e.g. !@#$%^&*), uppercase and lowercase letters.
2. Confidentiality is the mantra you should swear by when it comes to Garena Free Fire account or any other account, for that matter. What this entails is:
a. Keep your password confidential
b. Change it regularly to keep your account secure.
c. Do not share your login details with anyone, including Garena staff, family or friends.
3. Do not respond to calls, emails, or other messages requesting personal login or financial information.
4. Do not enter critical information over unsecured networks (e.g. public WiFi) or on public computers. Cybercriminals can potentially intercept these channels and obtain your information.