Garena Free Fire: Stop being defrauded; Know how to prevent a phishing attack; check list
- Garena Free Fire: To save your account from a phishing attack, you need to know what to do. Check it here.
Almost every gamer has Garena Free Fire installed on her or his smartphone. The reason behind this battle royale game's popularity is due to the extreme thrills that it offers. The game also lures many people to itself by not only providing a vast range of cosmetics like outfits, skins, and more to choose from but also releases free redeem codes periodically, which provide access to special items. Due to its extreme popularity, the game has also come into the crosshairs of hackers. Therefore, it is important for every player to keep their Free Fire account safe and keep themselves away from a phishing attack.
It can be noted that a phishing attack is an attempt to gain access to your account by stealing (or tricking you into revealing) your sensitive information such as passwords and credit card information. It may lead you to losing your money and even revealing sensitive information unknowingly to the hackers. Gamers who are not much aware about phishing can go through the following characteristics to know if they have suffered a phishing attack or not.
As per the information provided by Garena Free Fire, players generally face attacks in the form of phishing emails, SMS, messages. Phishing emails / SMS / messages may have the following notable characteristics:
1. A Garena Free Fire phishing attack is usually launched in a devious way by hackers who request personal or financial information such as your credit card number
2. Contains unsolicited attachments
3. Contains a forged link
4. Urges you to act quickly
5. Uses a generic greeting such as "Dear User"
6. Is unprofessional, contains spelling mistakes and bad grammar
However, it is important to note that not all phishing emails, SMS, messages will have these characteristics, so never share your personal or financial information via such channels.
Also, if you suspect that you have been phished you can inform about the same at https://ffsupport.garena.com/hc/en-us.
Here are some of the tips and tricks using which you can keep your Free Fire account safe from phishing attacks:
1. A strong password is a must. It has the following characteristics:
a. It should be a complex password and must not contain your personal name or username.
b. Passwords must have a minimum length of 8 characters.
c. Free Fire account password must contain numbers, symbols (e.g. !@#$%^&*), uppercase and lowercase letters.
2. Confidentiality is the mantra you should swear by when it comes to Garena Free Fire account or any other account, for that matter. What this entails is:
a. Keep your password confidential
b. Change it regularly to keep your account secure.
c. Do not share your login details with anyone, including Garena staff, family or friends.
3. Do not respond to calls, emails, or other messages requesting personal login or financial information.
4. Do not enter critical information over unsecured networks (e.g. public WiFi) or on public computers. Cybercriminals can potentially intercept these channels and obtain your information.