Google Maps tricks for Android users: From places to music- Here is how to do it
Google Maps allows you to pin places you visit regularly, control music and much more. Here are some tricks you can benefit from.
Google Maps is an application that everyone needs and uses now. It not only makes traveling to unknown places easier but allows you to do a lot more. Google Maps can direct you wherever you want to go. May it be some restaurant, your office, gyms, or somewhere else. But other than providing directions and finding places, Google Maps offers several other features to Android users which either you are not aware of or are not taking full advantage of. Here we list out some of the tricks you can use while using the app.
1. Get all your trips automatically organised: You do remind yourself of certain events like catching flight, meeting, etc. We often use Google calendar or alarms for the same. But what if I tell you that you can get to know all about your trip via Maps? Yes, for this you need to open the app, click at the Saved tab at the bottom, and then scroll down and click on the Reservations button. You will be able to see your travel related plan, flights, restaurant reservations, etc. in an organized list.
2. Pin the places you frequently visit: There are places which we need to visit very frequently. You can pin the place you visit frequently and access them quickly on Maps. While searching for a specific location on the Maps app, look for the Pin option at the bottom of the screen after you have tapped the button to bring up directions. From the main Maps screen, tap the Go tab at the bottom and then look at the app's suggested places based on your recent activity. If you can see the trip you want, tap the pushpin icon alongside it to pin it.
3. Get specific restaurant suggestions: If you are planning to dine out and are not aware which restaurant can be best, Google Maps can offer you help! Instead of browsing to restaurants nearby you can look for a specific restaurant using Maps. Tap the "Restaurants" option at the top of the main Maps screen, and pick from options displayed. You will have details like ratings, establishment's hours, cuisine it serves, etc. You can also, tap the little control icon in the upper-left corner of the restaurant search screen, and can select whatever filters you want.
4. Share your location: Are you inviting your family or friend to a place, location of which they are not aware of? You can help them find you or just simply give them an update where you are. For this you will have to click on the blue location dot and then select "Share location" from the menu that comes up. This will allow you to give anyone a link to follow your location in real-time on a map for a specific amount of time or until you turn the feature off.
5. Control your music with Maps: you can control your music from the Maps interface. Yes, you read it right! Maps can add audio controls directly into the app so that you can see your currently playing tunes and shuffle around as needed. For this you will have to go to Maps' settings, select "Navigation settings," and then click on "Assistant default media provider." You will have to pick from one of the available options, and whatever service you choose will show up within your navigation interface.