On Twitter, be a sports superfan! Here is how to do it right
With constant real time coverage of sports, you may feel like you are losing out on a lot of information. Well, get clued in, be a sports superfan on Twitter.
Remember that feeling when you used to go out with friends to watch a live match in a stadium and cheer for your favorite team? Quite thrilling, right! Of course, who doesn't like to be surrounded by the same interest groups. What if we tell you that this is possible virtually too? Yes, sports fans worldwide can now turn to Twitter to connect and share their experiences in their very own virtual stadium. This happens through fan clubs. You can be a part of a fanclub too, but how to make the most of what's happening across the sports and keep your fan-flags waving high? Here are a few tips for you.
How to be a sports superfan on Twitter
Follow your favourite
The first thing anyone does on Twitter is to follow their favourites sports team, favorite player or official sports account to stay in touch with the happenings and events going on. And Twitter features can make this more engaging and experiencing, such as:
1. Topics: Twitter Topics is much more than what you think, as it uses machine learning to provide you the subject-related Tweets that you have followed into your timelines. To be updated about your favorite sports you can follow some games, players, teams and much more.
2. Lists: As its name suggests it lets people put several accounts together that Tweet about a common topic. You can create your own lists of accounts, such as a list of cricket players, commentators, football clubs, international and national sports authorities, or you can follow existing lists such as Cricket, India Cricket, Delhi Capitals IPL team, Chennai Super Kings Team, and more.
3. Twitter Moments: Chronology is something that sums up everything in a timeline manner and makes the complex topics easier to understand in a simpler manner. Moments do the same. It curates the stories about what's happening around the world
4. Event Pages: You must be familiar with this, as Event Pages are also available on Facebook. On Twitter it lets you follow the most recent Tweets and updates around an ongoing event, all major sports tournaments and events related to your favorite player.
5. Cricket Scorecard: Getting delayed to the information about the Cricket scores? This will help you. Twitter has introduced a live scorecard for the recent cricket tournament, which appears on the Explore tab, so that you can check the LIVE score while having conversations with your sports fanclub.
Communication is the key
Fans do have conversations with each other with their co-fanclub members and show their love and support to their favourite players and teams. Well, players also ensure to not let this love flow in one direction, as they often engage with their fans through live video calls, Twitter Spaces which let's people to have live audio conversations, and fan Q&As sessions with the #ask which allows players to have conversations with their fans on the individual level.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.