Provident Fund account holder? Do this by Dec 31, says EPFO, or lose benefits
Provident Fund account holders will lose some benefits if they don't do as EPFO has requested. here is how to.
Do you have an Employees' Provident Fund (PF) account? Then this information is crucial for you! Ignoring it may lead to you losing certain important PF account benefits! The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made it mandatory for all PF account holders to add a nominee to their account. The deadline to add the nominee is set for December 31, 2021. Failing to add a nominee to your PF account by the due date can lead you to face many difficulties, including the loss of benefits such as insurance money and pension. Notably, PF account holders can add the nominee online and here we explain how to do so.
“EPFO subscribers should avail themselves of the facility of e-nomination for the social security of their family. File your e-nomination to avail provident fund, pension and insurance services online. It is extremely important for the subscriber to file its nomination to take care of spouse, children and parents and to protect them through online PF, pension and insurance (sic),” EPFO said in a statement. The nomination is to provide security to the dependants of PF account holders, in the case of any mishappening with the PF account holder, the nominee will be eligible to get the benefits such as availed insurance or pension scheme.
How to do the e-nomination to your PF account?
PF account holders do not need to go to the offline centres to add a nominee. They can add the PF nominee online. Additionally, EPFO allows PF account users to add the names of multiple nominees to their accounts. Apart from that, the tax account owner can choose which share the nominee will receive.
- The first that you need to do is to log in to the official website of EPFO via https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Then go to the 'Services' and tap on 'For Employees' option from the drop down menu.
- Then, tap on 'Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)'
- Following that, you will need to login with your UAN and password
- There you will find the 'E-Nomination' option under 'Manage' tab. Tap on it.
- Click on 'yes' to update your family declaration and the 'add family details' or the nominee details. There you will need to provide all the asked details for the nominee.
- If you want to add more than one nominee, then tap on 'Add New Button' and provide the details for the another nominee
- As soon as you save your family details, your process for the e-nomination will be completed.
You just need to ensure that if you haven't added your nominee to your PF account, do this before 31st December, 2021.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.