How to close Paytm account: Step by step guide
- A Paytm account has become something that is necessary for so many things, but there are times when you have to close it. Here we explain how to close a Paytm account.
A Paytm account has become something that is necessary for so many crucial things on a day to day basis. A Paytm account makes so many chores easy. It can be used for sending money to your loved ones and also for making the smallest of payments to your grocer or handyman. You can also pay bills, school fees, rent, recharge your mobile, book flight tickets, book train tickets, do online shopping, order medicines and much more. It also saves you a from trips to your bank's ATM. Needless to say, during the Covid-19 pandemic, people stopped using cash due to the lockdown and adopted digital cash as the best way to avoid the virus. Paytm was one of the many options available to the public then. But there are times, despite all these benefits, when you want to close your Paytm account for some critical reason or another. So, here we explain how to close your Paytm account.
But before we tell you how to close your Paytm account, you must empty your account of any money that may be there. Either spend it or transfer it to your bank account.
How to close Paytm account:
* First of all, you need to request Paytm to close your account. So, login to Paytm account using the same phone number that is linked to it
* On the home screen, click on the three horizontal lines that are there at the top left corner of your screen
* Go to 24×7 Help
* Go to ‘Profile Settings’
* Pick ‘I need to close/delete my account'
* Pick ‘I don’t use this Paytm account'
* Click on ‘Message us’ tab to raise the request to close your account.
Once you have done all this, Paytm will verify the request and if all things are fine, it will close your account.
Just remember, once done, you will not be able to login to your Paytm account after this as your ID and password are no longer valid.
Another thing to remember is that Paytm is required by the government to save all transaction logs for a period of up to 10 years post the deletion of an account. In case government requests, via a legal process, the information will be provided to it, but to no one else.