WhatsApp Business: Multiple users on 1 phone number? Know if possible; how to install
- WhatsApp Business cannot be run by multiple WhatsApp Business API Clients with the same phone number.
WhatsApp is one the most common and frequently used words and everyone knows about it. It is a messaging application used all over the globe to communicate, and share images, documents, audio, etc. with people on one's contact list. You must have also heard of WhatsApp Business. If not, then you may know that WhatsApp Business is a free to download app available on Android and iOS, and it makes interacting with customers easy by providing tools to automate, sort and quickly respond to messages.
WhatsApp Business is also intended to feel and work just like WhatsApp Messenger. You can use it to do everything that you are used to doing, from messaging to sending photos. Some of the features currently being offered in the app include a business profile to list important information, such as a company's address, email and website, labels to organize and easily find your chats and messages and messaging tools, according to the information provided by the application.
Is WhatsApp Business Multiple Users enabled?
The answer is both yes and no! Some may think that multiple people can use WhatsApp Business from one phone number, but that is not always the case. WhatsApp Business can be used by only one user at a time from a single phone number. As soon as you register a second instance, your first instance will get kicked off and fail.
But what if multiple users want to use the app? There is a way that allows you and your team to use WhatsApp Business with a maximum of two users, according to trengo.com. This can be done when one team member uses your account via the app while the other operates it via WhatsApp Web.
If you own a small business and want to use WhatsApp Business, then here is how you can install it:
How to download the WhatsApp Business app
WhatsApp Business app is a free-to-download app for small businesses. But before downloading the app, you need to be aware of the following:
1. If you have an existing WhatsApp Messenger account, you can easily migrate your account, including chat history and media, to a new WhatsApp Business account.
2. Your chat history cannot be moved back to WhatsApp Messenger if you decide to stop using the WhatsApp Business app.
3. You can use both the WhatsApp Business app and WhatsApp Messenger simultaneously as long as the accounts are linked to different phone numbers. It's not possible to have one phone number linked to both apps at the same time.
1. Download the WhatsApp Business app from the Google Play Store on Android or App Store for iOS users.
2. Verify your business phone number.
3. Restore your account from a backup, if you wish.
4. Set your business name.
5. Build your profile. Tap More options > Settings > your business name (for Android). While for the iOS tap on settings and then your business name.