Latest Nothing Phone 1 update based on Android 13 rolled out; check what’s new
Nothing OS 1.5 Beta program brings several upgrades for Nothing Phone 1. Know how this update will change the experience.
Earlier this month, Nothing announced its open Android 13 beta programme. Now, Nothing has started rolling out the first beta for those who have signed up to receive it. The company has confirmed that the official launch of the Nothing OS 1.5 will reach Nothing Phone 1 users in early 2023. Till then, Beta programmers will test the new features and updates. “Nothing OS 1.5 is here. Powered by Android 13, it promises a smoother, more secure user experience. With exciting new custom features, just for Nothing. To deliver the most perfected update yet, we're in the process of Beta testing,” the company said in a blog post.
The Nothing OS 1.5 comes with some major improvements: a new Weather app with custom Nothing UI, better app loading speeds, more colour schemes available, and a lot more. Know what is new for you with Nothing OS 1.5.
Nothing OS 1.5 Beta: What's new
Nothing OS 1.5 beta is based on Android 13 out of the box. This means it is obvious that you will get almost everything that Google serves with Android 13 such as a new photo picker, new notification permission, and support for using different apps in different languages.
mobile to buy?
Apart from these, Nothing has announced a bunch of other improvements. Here's what users will get:
- The update will boost the app loading speed by up to 50 percent for frequently used apps.
- You will also get new notification permissions which will let you control which apps can send you notifications.
- You will be able to group the types of media you want to share e.g., photos and videos, music and audio, files.
- It will provide a new QR code scanner in Quick Settings.
- Clipboard preview: Copied text appears on clipboard in the bottom corner of the screen. So you can directly edit the text before pasting.
- New look for Media Control and detects speech on your device and automatically generates captions with Live captions.
- If you forget to clean unused cache then this update will do that job.
- Improved Game Mode. New UI for light notifications and added Google Game Dashboard. Dashboard supports screenshots, screen recording, FPS display, and Do Not Disturb.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.