PUBG Mobile exceeds $7 Billion in lifetime revenue | Gaming News

PUBG Mobile exceeds $7 Billion in lifetime revenue

PUBG Mobile has exceeded $700 million in worldwide lifetime player spending on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Here is everything you need to know.

| Updated on: Nov 25 2021, 17:07 IST
PUBG Mobile
PUBG Mobile title has generated an average of $8.1 million every day in 2021 so far. (PUBG Mobile)

PUBG Mobile, the multiplayer title by Tencent and Krafton, has always been in the news since its release due to its revolutionary mobile gaming tactics. In the latest update, the game has outpaced $700 million in worldwide lifetime player spending on App Store and Google Play following a record Q3 growth, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data showed.

PUBG Mobile has ranked world's second highest-grossing mobile game with $2.6 billion in revenue so far this year, thanks to player spending from the Chinese localization of the game, Game for Peace, after Tencent's Honor of Kings which has generated more than 10 billion since its launch and above the third-ranked Genshin Impact from miHoYo. So far in 2021, the title has generated an average of $8.1 million every day.

You may be interested in

7% OFF
Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • Black Titanium
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 256 GB Storage
23% OFF
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G
  • Green
  • 12 GB RAM
  • 256 GB Storage
Google Pixel 8 Pro
  • Obsidian
  • 12 GB RAM
  • 128 GB Storage
Apple iPhone 15 Plus
  • Black
  • 6 GB RAM
  • 128 GB Storage

In 2021, overall $750 million in quarterly revenue has been consistently maintained by PUBG Mobile. In Q3 of 2021, the quarterly revenue was strongest with $771 million, which was $693 million in the same quarter of last year. While, Q2 of 2021 has been the lowest with a total of $729 million in terms of the revenue and Q1 revenue generation stood at $761 million.

Also read
Looking for a smartphone? To check mobile finder click here.

International View of PUBG Mobile

China is the top revenue-generating market for PUBG Mobile, with its variant of the title, Game For Peace bringing in about $4 billion in the country till date, accounting for nearly 57 percent of total global player spending, though this analysis of Sensor Tower does not include revenue from third-party Android stores. Following China, the United States ranks at second-position for players spending around 11.8 percent of total revenue, while Japan ranked at third with 4.2 percent.

The App Store takes the lion's share of global player expenditure, accounting for 81 percent of overall revenue. On the other hand , Google Play accounts for 19 percent of revenue. The App Store accounts for 56.6 percent of spend outside of China, while Google Play accounted for 43.4 percent.

PUBG Mobile, which continues to grow in 2021 worldwide, got banned in India along with several other apps under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, by the Government of India, citing the threat to the sovereignty and integrity of the country.

Catch all the Latest Tech News, Mobile News, Laptop News, Gaming news, Wearables News , How To News, also keep up with us on Whatsapp channel,Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

First Published Date: 25 Nov, 16:54 IST