You have time till July 5 to transfer your PUBG Mobile data to Battlegrounds Mobile India: How to do it
Krafton has announced that they are shutting the option to transfer PUBG Mobile data to Battlegrounds Mobile India temporarily from July 6. Since they have not mentioned when it is going to available again, you should transfer your data right now. Here’s what you need to do…
Battlegrounds Mobile India has now been officially rolled out and all Android users, irrespective of whether they had pre-registered or not, can head over to the Google Play Store and download the game. The official version of the much-awaited battle royale and the alternative to PUBG Mobile India is available for the public about a month after the beta test early-access version was released. We told you yesterday how you can download the official version of Battlegrounds Mobile India and also how to update the game from the early access version to the official version if you had already downloaded it back in May. However, there is one more important thing you need to do before time runs out.
In a social media post, Krafton has announced that the data transfer service from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India is going to be temporarily shut down from July 6 and will remain down till further notice. Since Krafton has not mentioned when the service is expected to be back up, it is best you transfer your data now. “We apologize for the inconvenience upon temporary shutdown of the data transfer. Those who wish to transfer their data, please do so before July 6th,” Krafton wrote and explained that this “data transfer service” is being offered “in order to safely secure the data of fans from India”.
What is this data transfer between PUBG Mobile and Battlegrounds Mobile India?
- All players who have played the PUBG Mobile Nordic Map: Livik (the older app) on PUBG Mobil can transfer their account data to Battlegrounds Mobile India (the new app).
- These data transfer accounts are eligible to receive pre-registration rewards.
So if you were playing PUBG Mobile earlier, you can transfer your data from that time to Battlegrounds Mobile India. Krafton has also listed all the data and items that can be transferred on its site.
Now, in all likelihood, Krafton will bring back the option to transfer the data again at a later date, but you still have time till July 5 to get it done. The process of data transfer is really simple. Here's what you need to do…
How to transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India
1. Open the Battlegrounds Mobile India game on your Android smartphone.
3. Once a new character is created on Battlegrounds Mobile India, you will see a pop up aksing you if you want to proceed with account data transfer. Click on ‘Agree'.
4. Now, you will see another window where you can select from which SNS (social networking service) account in the older app (PUBG Mobile) you want to transfer data to the new account in the new app (Battleground Mobile India).
5. You will receive another prompt asking you if you want to transfer the data from the older app. Click on “Agree”.
6. By any chance if you have chosen the wrong social media account you have the option to add or modify the linked account later from the game settings. Battlegrounds Mobile India allows you to link up to two social media accounts at once.
7. Once you have clicked on “Agree”, you will get a message indicating that the data from the older account has been successfully transferred to the new account.
To find out exactly what data and what in-game commodities are going to be transferred, you can check out the full list here.