MacBook Pro 13-inch M2 up for pre-order this Friday: Why get this over MacBook Air
MacBook Pro 13-inch with M2 chip will go for pre-order on Friday, June 17. We discuss why you need to get this over MacBook Air.
MacBook Pro 13-inch and MacBook Air recently got the M2 chip upgrade last week. The M2 chip is not as much of a powerhouse as the M1 Max and M1 Ultra chips introduced earlier, but it certainly offers notable upgrade in performance over the M1 chip models. The MacBook Air M2 is the all-new model this time, getting the new design treatment as well as some long needed refinements. The 13-inch-MacBook Pro, however, is seen more of a as a minor chip update over its predecessor, which is largely true.
So, why buy the 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2? And who should get it? Obviously, there are reasons behind the MacBook Pro's existence despite the almost similar MacBook Air M2 on sale. Hence, we take a look at it once again as to why it makes so much sense to buy the 13-inch MacBook Pro over the new Air, and when is it going on sale.
13-inch MacBook Pro with M2: Price, sale date
The new updated 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2 will be available to customers to order on apple.com, and through Apple Authorised Resellers, and will start arriving to customers worldwide on Friday, June 24.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 starts at a price of Rs. 1,29,900 for the base model with an 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU, 8GB memory and 256GB SSD. The 512GB SSD variant will set you back by Rs. 149,900.
13-inch MacBook Pro: Upgrade over older model
Not much has changed over the M1 MacBook Pro with this new M2 model.
- The M2 chip is itself faster by 1.4 times over the M1, despite based on the same 5nm platform.
- You can get up to 24GB of memory, which was previously limited to 16GB.
13-inch MacBook Pro: Should you buy it?
As the name suggests, the MacBook Pro 13-inch is suitable for those who need all the performance of the M2 chip without having to deal with thermal throttling issues, and those who need more battery life.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 has a dedicated fan-based cooling system that promises to deliver peak sustained performance. This can come in handy while editing video on the move.
- With up to 17 hours of web browsing endurance, the 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 can be a good work buddy, offering two hours more than the MacBook Air M2.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 is now the only MacBook without a display notch, thereby making for a disruption-free viewing experience.
- When required, the 67W fast wired charger should juice up the 58.2Wh battery faster than the 30W charger offered with the MacBook Air M2.