JioPhone Next NOT cheapest in India: This Samsung Galaxy smartphone beats it
The JioPhone Next at its no-EMI price of INR 6,499 is not the cheapest smartphone in India, it loses to the Samsung Galaxy M01 Core.
The JioPhone Next price has been announced and at INR 6,499 without the EMI, it seems to be highly affordable. You do not get many smartphones at this price anymore, owing to rising manufacturing and component costs. However, if you search the online stores carefully, you can find one smartphone from Samsung that is cheaper in price than the JioPhone Next.
Reliance Digital and Flipkart are selling the Samsung Galaxy M01 Core at prices that are considerably lower than the JioPhone Next. Both the Galaxy M01 Core and JioPhone Next have identical features and specs, but Samsung is selling it at a lower starting price of INR 4,999, thereby making INR 1,500 cheaper than the JioPhone Next.
JioPhone Next beaten by Galaxy M01 Core
The Galaxy M01 Core comes in two variants with different RAM and storage options. The base version of the Galaxy M01 Core comes with 1GB RAM and 16GB storage, which is available for INR 4,999 on Flipkart and INR 5,199 on Reliance Digital. The other version with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage costs INR 6,199 on Reliance Digital. These prices make both the variants cheaper than the JioPhone Next.
JioPhone Next vs Galaxy M01 Core specs
- The JioPhone Next is based on the 28nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 chip while the Galaxy M01 Core is based on a MediaTek MT6739 chipset.
- JioPhone Next is using Pragati OS based on Android 11 Go along with Google Go apps, whereas Samsung Galaxy M01 Core is reliant on the older Android Go 10 with Samsung's custom experience.
- JioPhone Next has a 5.4-inch HD+ display while the Samsung phone has a 5.3-inch HD+ LCD display.
- The JioPhone Next has a 13MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera. The Galaxy M01 Core has an 8MP main camera and a 5MP front camera.
- The JioPhone Next uses a 3500mAh battery that charges via a microUSB port. The Galaxy M01 Core has a 3000mAh battery and a micro USB port.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.