Samsung Galaxy S21 FE goes on sale: 5 things to note before you buy!
The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE has gone on sale in India and here is everything you need to know about it.
It lingered in the leaks, it was announced globally, and now it is here. The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is here in India and slots in under the Galaxy S21 series that is on its way out. Starting at ₹54,999, the Galaxy S21 FE is currently the most affordable entry into the S21 series without making big compromises. Samsung has also announced a special launch offer for HDFC Bank customers, waiving ₹5,000 off during its early days.
The Galaxy S21 FE is currently available in India in two storage variants. The base version comes with 128GB storage costing ₹54,999 whereas the 256GB version comes at a price of ₹58,999. You can get the phone in four colour variants: Black, White, Lavender and Olive. The Galaxy S21 FE is currently available on Amazon as well as Samsung's online store along with the offline retail chain.
But should you buy it? What are some of the things you need to keep in mind?
Galaxy S21 FE: 5 things to know before you buy
- The Galaxy S21 FE in India relies on the Exynos 2100 chip that also powers the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Hence, the performance levels are identical to Samsung's conventional flagship phones. The Exynos 2100 is as powerful as the Snapdragon 888 chip and hence, it should be able to run everything just as fine. There is support for 12 5G bands as well.
- It ships with Samsung's One UI 4 based on Android 12 out of the box. That means you are going to get the updated visual treatment as well as enhanced privacy features.
- Although the Galaxy S21 FE has a plastic rear, the phone is rated at IP68 water and dust resistance. Moreover, you get support for 15W wireless charging as well. Only the iPhone 12 at this price offers these features.
- Similar to the S21 series, Samsung does not ship this phone with a charger in the box. You get a USB-C to USB-C cable but you need to buy the 25W charger separately from Samsung, which costs ₹1,299 at the moment.
- The Galaxy S21 FE at its price of ₹55,000 is one of the very few phones to offer a 3X telephoto camera. This is only an 8MP zoom camera but there's 3X digital magnification. Only the Vivo X70 Pro offers such a setup at this price. Additionally, in our limited testing, the Galaxy S21 FE has a very capable camera system in almost lighting conditions.