iPhone SE price cut to ₹10,990 is tempting? Forget it, buy iPhone 12 Mini
The Apple iPhone SE price has been slashed to under ₹26,000 (without exchange) and it looks very tempting to buy, but the iPhone 12 Mini is a much better option. When it comes to a iPhone SE vs iPhone 12 Mini situation, here is why you must choose the iPhone 12 Mini.
The Apple iPhone SE price has received a huge cut and it seems like a perfect deal, especially if you want to buy your first iPhone or upgrade from an older iPhone 6, doesn't it? Well, before you make the decision, you should heed our advice – skip it. You should spend extra and get the iPhone 12 Mini during the current sale season. We know it sounds insane but this comes from experience. So, when it comes to iPhone SE vs iPhone 12 Mini comparison, here is what you must consider.
Along with the iPhone SE, Flipkart will also put the iPhone 12 Mini on sale with a discounted price. As the first “Mini branded” iPhone, the iPhone 12 Mini has got everything and does not compromise a lot on the basics. Next to it, the iPhone SE looks like a relic of the past. Hence, should you buy the iPhone SE for the sake of saving money on a compact iPhone?
iPhone SE vs iPhone 12 Mini: Price difference
The iPhone SE is currently selling on Flipkart with a price of ₹25,999 for the base version with 64GB storage. The 128GB variant now costs ₹30,999 while the 256GB variant goes up to ₹40,999. Flipkart is putting up all the three colour variants up for sale at the moment.
If you have an old phone for exchange, you can get up to ₹15,000 off. We tried finding the exchange value for an old iPhone XR and it dropped the price to ₹10,999. Moreover, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank Credit card transaction take off another ₹1,500 off, while ICICI Debit card users will get ₹1,000 off.
The price of the iPhone 12 Mini is still a mystery but rumours suggest a starting price of ₹40,000 for the base 64GB variant. The current non-offer price stands at ₹56,999 for the 64GB variant and ₹61,999 for the 128GB version.
5 reasons the iPhone 12 Mini is a better bet
- The iPhone SE has a very small 4.7-inch LCD Retina display with huge bezels. The iPhone 12 Mini has a more modern 5.4-inch display with a vastly superior Super Retina XDR OLED panel and support for Dolby Vision. Be it browsing social media or watching YouTube, the bigger iPhone 12 Mini's display is more practical.
- Battery life on the iPhone SE is dismal, with the phone barely managing to make it through a day. In fact, you may have to recharge the iPhone SE twice on a busy day to get along. The iPhone 12 Mini is comparatively better, allowing you to make it through an entire day easily.
- The iPhone SE has got the old 12MP camera from the iPhone 8 and in slightly tricky lighting, it starts struggling. The iPhone 12 Mini has got a dual 12MP camera setup with a dedicated ultrawide camera and a proper Night mode to take great photos in challenging lighting. The Mini can even record videos in Dolby Vision format, something which the iPhone SE cannot.
- The iPhone 12 Mini supports 5G networks and with at least five more years of iOS updates expected, this is a more future-proof device. The iPhone SE only supports 4G and is likely to receive one iOS update less than the iPhone 12 Mini. Moreover, the iPhone SE lacks the UWB chip and MagSafe charging from the iPhone 12 Mini.
- Most importantly, if you want a compact iPhone, the iPhone 12 Mini is the smallest phone Apple makes. Yes, the iPhone 12 Mini is smaller than the iPhone SE despite having a larger display, a FaceID system, a bigger battery and two cameras. Buying a compact phone does not mean you have to compromise with the basics, which the iPhone SE does.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.