JioPhone Next price revealed! Set to cost ₹1,999: All features, subscription plans detailed
The JioPhone Next price and specifications in India have been revealed. At INR 1,999, it is one of the cheapest smartphones you can buy today, although you have to pay the rest of the amount as part of long term plans, or EMI plans in easy terms. The contract plans also include data and talktime. Jio has also revealed the complete specifications of the smartphone.
JioPhone Next price details
- The JioPhone Next comes in at an initial down payment of INR 1,999 and the rest of the amount has to be paid in installments across periods of either 18 months or 24 months.
- Always on plan costs INR 300/month for 24 months, and INR 350/month for 18 months, with 5GB data and 100 minutes of talktime.
- Large Plan costs INR 450/month for 24 months, and INR 500/month for 18 months, with 1.5GB data per day and free talktime.
- XL Plan costs INR 500/month for 24 months, and INR 550/month for 18 months, with 2GB/day and free voice.
- XXL Plan costs INR 550 per month for 24 months, and INR 600/month for 18 months, with 2.5GB per day and free voice.
JioPhone Next specs and features
- The JioPhone Next has a 5.4-inch HD+ touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- There is a 13MP rear camera and 8MP front, with Google Camera Go app with baked in Translate feature.
- It relies on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 chipset, with 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage.
- The expandable storage allows for up to 512GB via microSD card.
- The phone relies on a 3500mAh capacity battery.
- There’s support for dual SIM connectivity, 3.5mm headphone jack, a micro USB port, accelerometer, Light sensor, and proximity sensor.
- The phone runs on Pragati OS, which is based on Android Go, with access to Google Play store. The phone gets Android Go and Lite version of apps, Nearby Share to share large files faster, and advanced camera algorithms (Camera Go HDR, Night Mode, and Portrait mode.