JioPhone Next or Redmi 9A Sport: Which budget phone should you buy?
JioPhone Next or Redmi 9A Sport? This has been a burning question in the minds of Indian smartphone enthusiasts even since Jio made the prices official. The Redmi 9A Sport is among the most feature-rich smartphones in the budget smartphone space and is only a few hundreds of rupees more expensive than the JioPhone Next. Hence, for those on a strict budget, this decision is a crucial one.
Since we do not have the JioPhone Next or the Redmi 9A Sport, we compare these phones on the basis on the specs as well as features.
JioPhone Next vs Redmi 9A Sport
- The first difference is with the price. The JioPhone Next price, without financing, is INR 6,499 whereas the Redmi 9A Sport price starts at INR 6,999 for the base version with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage. That’s a difference of INR 500.
- JioPhone Next relies on the Snapdragon 215 chipset whereas the Redmi 9A Sport gets the Helio G25 chip with an octa-core processor.
- The JioPhone Next runs on Pragati OS based Android 11 Go while the Redmi 9A Sport gets the newest MIUI 12 based on Android 11.
- You use a Jio SIM card as well as other SIM card on the JioPhone Next but you can access data only via the Jio SIM card. The Redmi 9A Sport can run all 4G SIM cards and draw internet from all of them.
- There’s a 5.4-inch HD+ LCD display on the JioPhone Next with thick bezels. The Redmi 9A Sport offers a larger 6.5-inch HD+ LCD display with a waterdrop notch.
- The battery capacity on the JioPhone Next is limited to 3500mAh with a microUSB port for charging. The Redmi 9A Sport relies on a larger 5000mAh battery with 10W charging via a microUSB port.
- Cameras on the JioPhone Next include a 13MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera. The Redmi 9A Sport comes with a 13MP camera on the rear and 5MP on the front for selfies.