Apple Spring Loaded event 2021: Here’s everything Apple announced
Apple launched a bunch of new devices today. The list includes new iPad Pro, iMac, Apple TV 4K, Siri remote and Apple AirTags.
Apple hosted its first major event of the year today. Apple's Spring Loaded 2021 event began at 10:30PM IST amid high anticipation regarding the company's upcoming product lineup, both hardware and software. Reports in the days leading to the event had hinted towards the company launching a new iPad model and M1-powered iMac computers. Reports had also hinted towards the company launching the AirTags -- a device that has been in the news for quite some time now.
Apple delivered all of that and some more. The company today launched the next-generation Apple TV 4K along with a new Siri remote.
On the software front, the company launched a podcast streaming service. It also announced a redesigned version of its existing Podcasts app. Previously, reports had hinted towards the company making an announcement about iOS 14.5. But that didn't happen. It is possible that Apple is keeping all software-related announcements for WWDC 2021 that will be held virtually starting June 7 this year.
In case you missed today's event, here's everything that Apple announced at its Spring Loaded 2021 event:
– Apple Card Family: Apple today introduced a new version of the Apple Card. It will allow up to five members in a family to share their Apple Card, track purchases, manage spending, and build credit together with their Family Sharing group. It enables two people to co-own an Apple Card and share and merge their credit lines. It also enables parents to share Apple Cards with their children. It will be available in the US in May this year.
ALSO READ: Apple launches new iPad Pros, Apple TV 4K, AirTags, iMac: Here's how much you're going to pay in India
– Apple Podcasts Subscription: Apple today launched Apple Podcasts Subscriptions. It will offer content created by users' favourite creators alongside millions of free shows on Apple Podcasts. The service will get a new Channel feature next month that will enable listeners to enjoy shows curated by creators with unique titles, descriptions, and artwork. It will be available to listeners in over 170 countries and regions starting May this year.
– iPhone 12 goes Purple: Apple today unveiled a Purple coloured variant of the iPhone 12 series. The company said that the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Mini will be available in the new Purple colour variant. Apple also said that customers can also complement their iPhone with a new MagSafe Leather Case or Leather Sleeve in Deep Violet, a Silicone Case in Capri Blue, Pistachio, Cantaloupe, or Amethyst, or a Leather Wallet in Arizona. The Purple colour variant of the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Mini will be up for pre-order starting April 23 and it will go on sale on April 30.
– Apple AirTags: Apple finally launched the AirTag today. It connects with the company's Find My app to track the connected item. Apple says that it can help locate a lost item while keeping location data private and anonymous with end-to-end encryption. A single AirTag costs $29 and a pack of four costs $99. It will be available for purchase in the US beginning April 30.
– Apple TV 4K and new Siri remote: Apple also unveiled the A12 Bionic-powered Apple TV 4K today. It delivers high frame rate HDR with Dolby Vision. Users can see videos shot on iPhone 12 Pro in full 60-fps Dolby Vision on the new Apple TV 4K. Apple also launched the new Siri Remote with an innovative clickpad control feature. Apple says that the outer ring of the clickpad supports an intuitive circular gesture that turns it into a jog control. It also has a power button that controls a TV's power, and another for mute. The Apple TV 4K will be available starting at $179 for the 32GB variant. Apple TV HD with the new Siri Remote will be available for $149 and the new Siri Remote will be available separately for $59.
– iMac and accessories: Apple introduced the new iMac computer that is powered by the company's M1 chip. It features a 24-inch 4.5K Retina display with 11.3 million pixels and 500 nits of brightness. It also features a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, studio-quality mics, and a six-speaker sound system. It is available in Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple, Blue, and Silver colour variants. Apple also launched three models of Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse at the event. The iMac with a 7-core GPU starts at $1,299. On the other hand, iMac with an 8-core GPU starts at $1,499.
– iPad Pro: Lastly, the company launched M1-powered iPad Pro. It is available in two variants. The first one is the 12.9-inch model with the Liquid Retina XDR Pro display. The second one is the 11-inch model with the Liquid Retina display. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro has a mini-LED design that uses over 10,000 LEDs across the entire back of the display. It offers 1,600 nits of peak brightness. The newly launched iPad Pro model features support for 5G connectivity. The 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $799 for the Wi-Fi model and $999 for the Wi-Fi+Cellular model. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at $1,099 for the Wi-Fi model and $1,299 for the Wi-Fi+Cellular model.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.