iPhone 12 to HomePod mini, here are top 10 major announcements from Apple's event
Apple unveiled the much-awaited iPhone 12 series last evening at the “Hi, Speed” event. As was being speculated for months, Apple gave us four new iPhones and a new smart speaker. Apple also announced the prices and the availability dates for all the devices.
Just rounding it all up for you, in case you missed out on the event last night - here are the 10 most important things Apple announced:
- Four new iPhones join Apple's arsenal - the iPhone 12 mini, the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- All the new iPhone 12 devices support 5G and these are Apple's first 5G devices.
- Prices for the iPhone 12 series start at $699 for the US and at ₹69,900 for India. You can check out all the prices here.
- The new iPhone 12 series devices are going to be available starting October 23 globally, and October 30 for the India market.
- All the new iPhones come with OLED screens. So far, Apple had only kept the OLED screens on its Pro models.
- Apple introduced the new A14 Bionic chip that is going to power all the four new smartphones.
- The LiDAR sensor is going to be a part of only the iPhone 12 Pro models - the iPhone 12 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- The new iPhones will ship without a charging port and without headphones in the box.
- The Apple HomePod mini, which is priced at $99 ( ₹9,900 in India), will be available from November 16. All the devices announced last evening can be pre-booked on the Apple Store.
- Apple's new, cheaper, HomePod mini comes with features like Intercom and that will allow users to broadcast a message across HomePod minis from the iPhone, Apple Watch and the iPad.