JioPhone Next now on sale but remember THIS before buying
The JioPhone Next is now available for purchase across select Reliance retail stores and online portals. Here's how you can buy it online.
The JioPhone Next has gone on sale but unlike conventional smartphones, you cannot just go to a store and buy it. Jio has clarified that interested buyers will need to register for the JioPhone Next first and wait for their turn in order to buy it. The registration process can be done via WhatsApp as well as from the Jio website.
Stocks of the JioPhone Next are available at select Reliance retail stores, as confirmed by a Reliance Digital store salesman in Delhi NCR to HT Tech. However, the phones are only being handed out to those who had pre-registered.
JioPhone Next price you have to pay
You can either buy the JioPhone Next at a price of INR 6,499 and get your own Jio SIM card for use. Additionally, you can go for the financing option that lets you do a downpayment of INR 1,999 and then pay the rest of the amount in installments of either 18 or 24 months period. The EMI plans also bundle complimentary data as well as talktime.
JioPhone Next: Should you buy it?
The JioPhone Next is aimed at entry-level smartphone buyers seeking a no-frills basic smartphone. Jio has partnered with Google to work on the JioPhone Next. However, at its price of INR 6,499, it comes pretty close to what a Redmi 9A Sport costs in India.
- The JioPhone Next uses a Snapdragon 215 chip with 4G LTE connectivity. You only get 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage, which is expandable.
- The display measures 5.4-inches and uses a HD+ IPS LCD display.
- The JioPhone Next relies on Pragati OS, which is essentially a slightly modified version of Android 11 Go. You get access to all Jio apps as well as Google Go apps and some social media apps from Facebook.
- There's a 13MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera. The Google Go camera app brings the translate feature along with portrait mode and night mode.
- The 3500mAh battery relies on a microUSB port to charge.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.