How to download Aadhaar Card on your phone: Check guide
Aadhaar card can be downloaded online on your phone for future reference. Here are the steps to download it.
Aadhaar Card is needed almost everywhere for undertaking any kind of official task. of course, keeping a hard copy of Aadhaar Card with you is not always possible. But since the phone is your constant companion, downloading a soft copy of your Aadhaar Card is the best idea to save yourself from any crisis. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the organisation which is the key to everything related to Aadhaar, is constantly developing new services to help users. In light of the pandemic, the UIDAI has announced that Aadhaar card users can download Aadhaar online at any time and from any location. The UIDAI has released an Aadhaar direct link for this purpose, via which users may download their 12-digit unique ID, which has become a crucial document in many areas of life. The Aadhaar card may be obtained at any time through the direct Aadhaar website https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
“You can choose to download ‘Regular Aadhaar' that displays the complete Aadhaar number or ‘Masked Aadhaar' which shows only the last four digits," UIDAI Tweeted earlier. In another video tutorial, it shared how to download the Aadhaar card online via direct link - https://t.co/C190bVXBCk. "You can choose to download 'Regular Aadhaar' that displays the complete Aadhaar number or 'Masked Aadhaar' which shows only the last four digits," The UIDAI Tweet reads.
How to Download Aadhaar card online
1. First, you need to visit the official website of UIDAI - eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in and then select the ‘Download Electronic Copy of Your Aadhaar' option
2. Following that choose 'Aadhaar Number' as your reference and enter the 12-digit unique ID in the box on the page. If you want to download Masked Aadhaar Card, the click on the option ‘I want a Masked Aadhaar'
3. After that click on the Send OTP option which you will receive on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number
4. Enter the OTP in the mentioned box and tap on the ‘Submit' button
5. One the authentication of OTP is successful, you can download the PDF of your Aadhaar card by clicking on ‘Download Aadhaar' option.
6. The password to access your Aadhaar card will be the first four digits of your date of birth.
You can keep a PDF copy of your Aadhaar on your phone for future reference. The Masked Aadhaar will cover the first eight digits of your Aadhaar number for security purposes. If you encounter any issues or need any other assistance, the UIDAI offers a helpline. In a tweet earlier this year, the UIDAI announced the introduction of a helpline number 1947 for any Aadhaar-related queries.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.