Is WhatsApp crashing after Android and iPhone update? Fix bug this way
WhatsApp for Android and iPhone users crashed when they tried to access the app or send media after downloading the latest update. Here's how to resolve it.
WhatsApp had released the beta for Android of two versions - 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124, which were reportedly affected by an unexplained bug that led them to crash when users tried to open the app or share photos or videos. However, according to the latest information from WABetaInfo, the Meta-owned messaging app has released a fix for the bug that caused it to crash. The latest WhatsApp update includes the fix to the crashing bug only and does not reveal the cause of the problem.
When installing the 126.96.36.199 update on WhatsApp beta for Android, some users experienced constant crashes on Android 12. As a result, WhatsApp users are advised to back up their data on Google Drive before updating to the latest version of the beta update. This way WhatsApp users can prevent their data from being lost. Another solution for users who are facing the WhatsApp crashing bug is to revert to the older version by keeping their existing data saved. So, here's the step-by-step guide for you to move back to the previous version of WhatsApp.
Move to the older version of WhatsApp beta on iPhone
iOS users can easily revert to the older version of WhatsApp beta without the need for a third-party app. You will need to use TestFlight to do so. Here's how:
- Go to TestFlight
- Then select WhatsApp Messenger
- Click on Previous builds
- Install a previous beta build and you will be easily moved to the older version of the WhatsApp beta
- Do remember to back up your chat history before changing installing or changing the WhatsApp version.
Move to an older version of WhatsApp beta on Android
Users on Android need to manually delete the current beta version and install the old one via APKMirror, however, a backup of your chat history is required to restore it. Here's how to move back to the older version of WhatsApp.
- Go to www.apkmirror.com in your web browser. Search WhatsApp in the search bar, which will give you the list of available versions of WhatsApp.
- Tap on the Download button in front of the version that you need to download.
- Scroll down and click on 'See available APKS'. This will give you a list of available downloading options.
- Tap the version that you want to download.
- Scroll down and click on the 'Download APK' option.
- Go to your downloads on your smartphone and open the downloaded app.
- Tap the WhatsApp APK file you just downloaded. A confirmation message will pop up, you just need to tap 'Yes'.
- Open WhatsApp and set up the initial requirements.