Samsung, Google throw shade at Apple as its launches iPhone 13 series
Apple recently hosted the Apple Event 2021 wherein it launched the iPhone 13 series smartphones consisting of the iPhone 13 Mini, the iPhone 13, the iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Apple hosted the Apple Event 2021 last night wherein it launched one of the most awaited smartphone series of the year, that is, the iPhone 13 series. For those of you who missed last night’s event, the iPhone 13 series consists of four iPhone models -- the vanilla iPhone 13 Mini, the iPhone 13, the iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max. Shortly after Apple unveiled the iPhone 13 series, fellow Android smartphone makers -- Google and Samsung -- threw shade at the company’s latest launches.
Samsung Mobile in a series of tweets poked fun at Apple for the iPhone 13 launch event being a ‘deja-vu’ moment, especially when compared to the iPhone 12 event that took place last year. “Anyone else feeling deja vu? Just us?,” Samsung wrote in one tweet. “Imagine still having a notch in 2021." - #GalaxyZFold3 5G,” the company wrote in another tweet pointing out that even its foldable display phones come sans the notch, a trend which Apple first started with the iPhone X back in 2017.
Anyone else feeling deja vu? Just us?— Samsung Mobile US (@SamsungMobileUS) September 14, 2021
In subsequent tweets, Samsung pointed out that while Apple introduced a 120Hz display with the iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max’s ‘ProMotion’ feature, while it introduced a similar feature in its flagship devices last year with the Samsung Galaxy S20 and that it also has a foldable display smartphone in its portfolio.
"Imagine still having a notch in 2021." - #GalaxyZFold3 5G— Samsung Mobile US (@SamsungMobileUS) September 14, 2021
Not just Samsung, but Google too took a moment to throw some serious shade at the iPhone 13 series. But instead of sharing its thoughts via regular channels, Google resurrected its Nexus Twitter account to talk about the matter. It is worth noting that Google’s Nexus Twitter handle hasn’t been active for years. Google moved all its hardware-related announcements to its Made by Google Twitter handle and made the Nexus handle a private one. The Nexus account hasn’t seen any activity since then.
We’ve been refreshing at 120Hz for a while now...— Samsung Mobile US (@SamsungMobileUS) September 14, 2021
Last night, the company sent out a rare message from the page that is visible only to those who follow it. “I’d wait for #Pixel6,” Google wrote in a tweet from its Nexus Twitter account. Apart from this, Google also updated its Pixel 6 splash page to give us a better and a complete look of the company’s upcoming Pixel 6 Pro smartphone. Google is said to host its own fall event sometime next month wherein it is expected to launch the Pixel 5 successor smartphone. Google has already revealed that the Pixel 6 series will include the Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro smartphone and that they will be powered by the company’s own Google Tensor chipset and be available with a new camera design and in new colours. Google has also said that the Pixel 6 series will arrive in the fall this year without revealing the exact date of launch.