X’mas in the tummy: Seven-year-old swallows Apple AirPod | HT Tech

X’mas in the tummy: Seven-year-old swallows Apple AirPod

In a bizarre incident, a Christmas gift landed a seven-year-old boy in the hospital in the US after he accidentally swallowed an Apple AirPod.

By: INDO ASIAN NEWS SERVICE
| Updated on: Jan 03 2020, 15:59 IST
In a bizarre incident, a Christmas gift landed a seven-year-old boy in the hospital in the US after he accidentally swallowed an Apple AirPod.
In a bizarre incident, a Christmas gift landed a seven-year-old boy in the hospital in the US after he accidentally swallowed an Apple AirPod. (REUTERS)

In a bizarre incident, a Christmas gift landed a seven-year-old boy in the hospital in the US after he accidentally swallowed an Apple AirPod.

An X-ray image taken at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia displayed the device resting peacefully inside the boy's stomach, reports WSB-TV.

You may be interested in

MobilesTablets Laptops
7% OFF
Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • Black Titanium
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 256 GB Storage
28% OFF
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G
  • Green
  • 12 GB RAM
  • 256 GB Storage
Google Pixel 8 Pro
  • Obsidian
  • 12 GB RAM
  • 128 GB Storage
Apple iPhone 15 Plus
  • Black
  • 6 GB RAM
  • 128 GB Storage

Doctors told Kiara Stroud, the boy's mother, they will not attempt any procedure as the gadget will pass through on its own after a few days.

Also read
Looking for a smartphone? To check mobile finder click here.

X-rays showed the wireless headphone was still intact inside the body.

(Facebook/Kiara Stroud)
image caption
(Facebook/Kiara Stroud)

There are no reports that the boy suffered an injury or illness after swallowing the AirPod. The boy is at home and doing fine now.

"Today, we didn't yell at him, didn't curse, didn't ask why, didn't tell him he was too old, didn't shame him, and didn't make the situation worse. He already felt bad. He was scared and nervous. We let him know that everything was going to be okay, stayed calm, and it helped him to relax so that the doctors could do their jobs," Stroud posted on Facebook.

Thanks for all of the prayers," she added.

This is not the first time someone has swallowed an AirPod. According to Fox News, a Taiwanese man accidentally swallowed an AirPod last year. The headset still had battery life and was functioning after he passed it.

Catch all the Latest Tech News, Mobile News, Laptop News, Gaming news, Wearables News , How To News, also keep up with us on Whatsapp channel,Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

First Published Date: 03 Jan, 15:59 IST
Trending:
NEXT ARTICLE BEGINS

Best Deals For You