Google Pixel 6 price starts at $599, Google Pixel 6 Pro price at $899
- At the Google Pixel Launch Event, Google has launched both its new smartphones. While Google Pixel 6 price starts at $599, Google Pixel 6 Pro price starts at $899.
New Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro smartphones have been launched on Tuesday at the Pixel Fall Launch event. Google Pixel 6 price starts at $599 and the Google Pixel 6 Pro price starts at $899. Buyers can order both the smartphones now, but they will be available beginning October 28. Pixel 6 models, with superfast 5G wireless capability, debut Google's own Tensor system-on-chip - the company's first chip ever that took four years to develop. These have been crafted along the lines of processors it has made for data centers that enable computers to think more like people do. And, the smartphones have a new version of the Android operating system. Surprisingly, Google Pixel 6 and Google 6 Pro differ just slightly when it comes to their size, memory and camera specs.
Google Pixel product MD, Peter Prunuske, said, "Pixel is the best entry point into Google's helpful offerings and services. So, we're trying to work across Google to make sure that everything works flawlessly on Pixel."
Google Pixel 6 and Pro smartphones: Highlights
* Google Pixel phones have the advantage of getting the the latest Google Android mobile operating system.
* Google has launched Pixel Pass, a subscription service starting at $45 per month for U.S. customers that will include the Pixel 6 and access to the premium versions of YouTube and YouTube Music.
* The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro differ only slightly in size, memory and camera specs.
* Tensor is optimized for Google's strengths in image processing and artificial intelligence, helping deliver faster and more accurate speech recognition and better battery life.
* The 6.4-inch Pixel 6 price is $599 while the 6.7-inch Pixel 6 Pro comes in at $899. Pixel 6 Pro ups the memory to 12GB from 8GB and includes an extra 4x zoom camera and a larger battery.
* The Pixel 6 Pro also has an adaptive display refresh rate, much like the iPhone 13 -- scaling from 120Hz for fast-moving on-screen action or animations down to 10Hz to preserve battery life.
* Google is pushing creative imaging extras. It's adding a long-exposure feature, which blurs moving objects such as vehicles passing through an intersection, as well as an action mode that does the reverse, blurring the surroundings of a subject in motion.
* The Pixel 6 hardware and software mix ramps up the smartphone's ability to understand what people say in another step toward a future of "ambient computing," according to Osterloh.
* An array of sensors for photography are in a band on the back of the smartphone, with the Pixel 6 having a 6.4 inch, edge-to-edge screen and the Pro model being slightly larger.
* Pixel 6 is available in 3 colours - Sorta Seafoam, Kinda Coral and Stormy Black
* Pixel 6 Pro comes in 3 colours too - Cloudy White, Sorta Sunny, Stormy Black
* Android 12 marks what Google calls the biggest design change in its history. It features personalization through color palettes and redesigned widgets.