More fun for all! 7 new Instagram features rolled out; you can even send silent messages
Instagram has introduced several new messaging features, including the ability to share music previews, send a silent message, the ability to see who’s online to chat to and more.
Instagram on Thursday introduced 7 new messaging features on its platform. The messaging features include the ability to share music previews, send silent messages, the ability to see who's online to chat to and more. Informing about the same Instagram said in a blog post, "Today, we're introducing seven new messaging features. As we announced at the end of last year, we're making more investments in messaging on Instagram to help you connect with your closest friends in more seamless and fun ways." The application further informed that the announcement is part of its ongoing work to improve how you connect and share with your closest friends.
Instagram has made several improvements that help people respond, share, and chat. Here is all you need to know about the new Instagram Messaging features.
1. Reply while you browse: Receive a new message while you are browsing your feed? You can now reply without going to your inbox and losing your place. This new feature makes it that much easier and more convenient to chat while on the app.
2. Quickly send to friends: You can reshare interesting content without interrupting their Instagram experience. By tapping and holding the share button, you can effortlessly reshare posts to your closest friends.
3. See who's online: At the top of your inbox, you can see who's free to chat at that moment, helping you find serendipitous opportunities to connect with friends.
4. Play, pause, and re-play: Enabled by integrations with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify coming soon, you can now share a 30-second preview of that song you just can't get out of your head, and your friends can listen directly from your chat.
5. Send silent messages: Send messages without notifying friends late at night or when they're busy by adding “@silent” in your message. Now you can reach out without worrying about sending unwanted notifications.
6. Keep it on the lo-fi: Feeling chill? Try the new lo-fi chat theme to make your conversations feel more personal.
7. Create a poll with your squad: Deciding where to go to dinner or what time to meet up? Instagram is bringing one of Messenger's most beloved group chat features on the app so you can create a poll directly in your group chat.
However, it needs to be noted that these new features are available in select countries only, but they will be expanded globally.