WhatsApp Pay cashback: For your Re 1, get ₹51 - up to 5 times
With this WhatsApp Pay cashback offer, the messenger app is going Santa this Diwali. The popular chat messenger is promoting its WhatsApp Pay service by giving a cashback amount of INR 51 per transaction. And there’s no limit on the amount of money you send to someone via its service. Hence, you could literally pay Re 1 to your friend and get back 51 rupees. That is one easy way to earn money.
The promotional offer is live in beta channel mode. Users availing this WhatsApp offer can get up to 255 rupees, since it is valid for the first five transactions. For each of the five transactions, you can get guaranteed INR 51 per transaction. The amount will be directly credited to your bank account that you have registered with the WhatsApp Pay service. The offer only seems to be valid on Android devices for now.
WhatsApp Pay cashback offer
This seems like an aggressive push for the WhatsApp Pay service ever since its introduction in India. WhatsApp Pay has been around for many months now but has hardly found takers. It seems that WhatsApp is following Google Pay’s way of attracting more users on its platform.
A few years ago, Google Pay relied on the idea of offering cashbacks as a way to attract more users on its service. Google Pay used to reward with scratch cards on every transactions, some of which credited some amount of cashback, while others offered coupons and rewards of other nature. PhonePe also does similar cashback offers to draw more users to its platform.
WhatsApp Pay: How to set up
- Click on the “Re” icon on the text field on any WhatsApp chat.
- WhatsApp will send you a notification to add the payment method, which you need to click.
- Choose from the list of banks.
- You also need to ensure that your WhatsApp number is the same as the Registered Mobile Number with your bank.
- Once you proceed, an SMS will be sent to your number for verification.
- If you already have a UPI PIN, you will need to just enter it and your service will be active. If you are using UPI for the first time, you need to set up a new PIN.