Windows 11 launches personal chats on Microsoft Teams
- On Windows 11, Microsoft Teams personal chats can help you streamline personal and work chats, making it easier to keep track of both.
Microsoft Windows 11 has been rolled out on October 5, but there are many additions to the operating system that are still being awaited. However, one update has just been launched and this is the personal chats feature on Microsoft Teams. It will assist users in streamlining their personal and professional chats. The intent of the latest release is to keep separate the professional and personal aspects of a person - something that is getting blurred due to the Covid-19 pandemic that has forced everyone to adjust to the work-from-home culture.
1. Microsoft Teams Chat on Windows 11: So, now, Windows 11 users can start using Chat from Microsoft Teams on the new operating system. It is a signature, lightweight experience that has been introduced to let Teams personal account users quickly start a video call or chat with friends and family. Chat from Microsoft Teams will be pinned to the Taskbar at Windows 11 startup.
2. Carry out personal conversations via Microsoft Teams Chat: The new Teams experience on Windows 11 and Chat are intended for personal Microsoft accounts and will be available only to individuals using such accounts.
3. Two types of Microsoft Teams apps on Windows 11: The 2 different Microsoft Teams apps on Windows 11 are for personal and for work purposes. The Teams app labelled as work or school uses the icon with blue tile with a white letter “T” inside. If you try to log into Chat with your work or school account, you will be redirected to download Teams for work or school.
4. Microsoft Teams icons and label in the Windows Taskbar: If you had Teams installed before upgrading your device to Windows 11, you can continue to use Teams for work or school as you had prior to the upgrade. Your settings for your work or school app will stay in place. If you were previously using one Teams app for both personal and work or school accounts, on Windows 11 you will now have a dedicated app for each experience. If you accidentally try to log into the wrong version of the app, Teams will inform you.