Home / Laptops-pc / News / Apple iCloud Keychain extension reaches Chrome in Windows, making website login easy

Apple iCloud Keychain extension reaches Chrome in Windows, making website login easy

Apple iPhone 12 Pro.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro. (Apple)

This means that in case you have used the Safari browser before to auto generate strong passwords for platforms, all of those can now be accessible inside Chrome once you are prompted for a login.

Apple is now making it easier to use your iCloud Keychain on Chrome, no matter if it's on a Windows or Mac device. The iPhone maker has released its official extension for the browser on both platforms, letting you use passwords stored in iCloud Keychain without storing it in a third-party app.

So, in case you are a Chrome user and also use iCloud Keychain as a password manager, it will now be easier to jump between Windows and Mac devices without facing login delays.

This means that in case you have used the Safari browser before to auto generate strong passwords for platforms, all of those can now be accessible inside Chrome once you are prompted for a login. 

Similarly, the passwords that you have created in Chrome for different websites on Windows platform, will sync to iCloud. So, you can use the same ones on Apple devices as well. 

Also read: Apple says 15% iCloud users don't have extra layer of security enabled for their data

To download, you can head to the Chrome Web Store and search for the extension iCloud Password

This news is not new for people as the company revealed some related details last week in an update for the iCloud windows 10 app. The update listed support for ‘iCloud Passwords Chrome extension’, as one of the new features. This was revealed before the extension was actually made available for the public.

Talking about iCloud, Apple recently said that 85% of its iCloud users have two factor authentication enabled. And the rest 15% don't have it enabled. The service keeps their photos, videos, files memos and other data safe. Two factor authentication for those who don't know, acts as an extra layer of protection that keeps your data safe.

Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews, also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.