Are you Midge or Fleabag? Prime Video rolls out profile images inspired by Amazon Originals
Prime Video has added a new feature for its users - the option to customise their profile photos on the streaming platform with faces of characters from Amazon Original productions. There is a whole bunch to pick from and there are some absolute fan favourites to pick from. This new feature of being allowed to pick an Amazon Original character’s photo as a profile pic is something we’ve already seen Netflix do. Netflix has had the option for its users to use photos of characters from its own original productions for a while now. So while this feature isn’t exactly new, it’s a fun one to have.
Available on pretty much all devices that support Prime Video, users can pick from a wide selection of Amazon Original characters from movies and series like Borat, Bosch, The Boys, Coming 2 America, Fleabag, Good Omens, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Invincible, Sylvie's Love, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, One Night in Miami…, Making the Cut, Hunters, Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, The Wilds, Upload, Troop Zero, Hanna, The Expanse, and Carnival Row.
How to change/select a Prime Video profile image:
On the Prime Video app on iOS, Android devices, and Fire Tablets:
- Tap on ‘My Stuff’ at the bottom of your Prime Video app screen.
- Click on the profile name to open a drop-down menu, then select Edit.
- Next, choose the profile whose image you want to change.
- Now, on the Edit Profile screen, tap your profile image and make a selection from the available list.
This can also be done when you are creating a new profile on Prime Video now, as long as you are on the latest version of the app.
On the Prime Video website:
- On the Prime Video home page, click the profile name next to Who's Watching?
- Click on ‘Manage Profiles’.
- And then click the profile you want to edit. Click on the profile image and make a selection from the available list.
- When creating a new profile, click the profile image and make a selection from the available list.
On the Prime Video app on supported connected devices:
- Select the profile image in the top menu.
- Use your device's remote control to highlight the profile you wish to edit, then select Edit below it.
- Select the profile image and make a selection from the available list.
You can also create a new profile and use the device remote to click on the profile image and pick the photo you want from the selection on offer.
This feature is only available for Prime Video subscribers and the experience is available for all users in India at no extra cost with the Amazon Prime membership for ₹999/year.