Bank Holidays in March 2022: Banks to remain closed on THESE many days; net banking open
Bank Holidays in March 2022: Banks will remain closed for 7 days in the month of March. But net banking services will remain open.
Bank Holidays in March 2022: Do you have bank related work lined up in March? There are several banking activities for which you need to visit bank branches. However, before visiting your bank, you need to know if it will be open or not because banks will be closed on certain days due to holidays. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released a list of bank holidays and according to this Bank Holidays in March list, banking activities will remain affected for 7 days in the month, excluding the weekends (second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays). It can be noted that, according to the bank holidays list some holidays are national in character and others are regional.
But the good part for the convenience of people is that online banking services will continue on holidays as well. Because of the holidays, bank customers will not be able to withdraw and deposit money at the bank branches but they can use online banking services, ATMs, mobile banking, etc. It can also be known that on certain specific days, banks will be closed in just a few cities.
If you have any pending or upcoming bank-related work to do or have to withdraw cash during the forthcoming week or have to visit your nearest branch, then you can check the list of bank holidays in the month of March 2022 below:
Bank Holidays in March 2022
1. March 1, 2022: The banks will remain closed due to Mahashivratri (Maha Vad-14) in almost all parts of the country except for Agartala,Aizawl, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, New Delhi, Panaji, Patna, and Shillong.
2. March 3, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Losar in Gangtok.
3. March 4, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Chapchar Kut in Aizawl.
4. March 17, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Holika Dahan in Dehradun, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ranchi.
5. March 18, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the eve of Holi/Holi 2nd Day – Dhuleti/Doljatra in almost all parts of the country except for Agartala, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Imphal, Kochi, and Thiruvananthapuram.
6. March 19, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Holi/Yaosang 2nd Day in Bhubaneswar, Imphal, and Patna.
7. March 22, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the eve of Bihar Divas in Patna.
The banks will also remain shut on March 12, 2022 and March 26, 2022 due to second and fourth Saturdays and on March 6, 13, 20, and 27 because of Sundays, apart from the above-mentioned holidays.
The RBI grants holidays to the banks under three categories. The three categories include Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks' Closing of Accounts.