Instagram lets Indians put music on feed posts, just like Reels and Stories
Part of what makes Instagram Stories and Reels likeable is the music. You can put up a story or a Reel and choose from a wide variety of music from the Insta music library. How about putting music on generic feed posts? Instagram wants test this feature out in India, Brazil, and Turkey. Select users will be able to see this rolling out now.
“Music plays an instrumental role in enabling people to share, connect and express themselves on Instagram. With this test, Instagram hopes to give its community a way to add a soundtrack to their Feed photos, like they can with Reels and Stories already,” says Instagram.
“If a user clicks on the song, they will be taken to an audio page that showcases all Feed posts that have used that song,” adds Instagram in a media statement.
Based on the feedback from the Instagram community, Instagram will decide whether to keep it or skip it. We think this is going to stay since most of Instagram's experimental features have been widely adopted by the community and users.
How to add music to your Instagram feed post
● You have to follow the standard process for uploading a photo to your feed.
● Next, you will see a “Add Music” option. Click on it.
● Now search for specific songs in the “Search” field or browse for music in the “Trending” or “For You” sections of the prompt.
● You have to select the song that you like.
● Similar to Stories, you will be able to select the clip duration and length of time in seconds.
● Now click on “Done” and then “Share”