Nora Fatehi Instagram account HACKED! Here’s what she did to save it
Nora Fatehi fans may have been heartbroken to see her Instagram account gone! The dancer and Bollywood actress' Instagram account was missing since the early hours of February 4. While many speculated personal reasons, the actress later confirmed that her Instagram account got hacked. She said that someone was trying to break in to her account and hence, she had to take evasive action to protect it.
“Sorry guys! There was an attempted hack on my Instagram! Someone's been trying to get into my account since morning. Thanks to the Instagram team for helping me sort this out so quickly @instagram,” said Nora later on an Instagram Story when her account came back online. Nora does not share further details on whether more damage was done to her account and data.
Nora Fatehi Instagram account was hacked
Based on her statement, it seemed like a classic break-in attempt from hackers to take control of her social media account. However, the actress and her team took a clever decision to immediately get in touch with Instagram and suspend the account temporarily.
While reaching out to Instagram is a clever decision in the case of you detecting an anomaly or unauthorized login with your account, you may find your account hacked and may end up losing access to it.
Hence, the easiest way to safeguard your Instagram account is by opting for the two factor authentication verification method. This is available within Instagram and can help you secure your account logins from unauthorized logins. Here's how you can enable it.
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile settings.
- Next, tap more options in the top right. Then tap Settings.
- Now tap on Security and then open Two-Factor Authentication.
- Tap on Get Started at the bottom.
- Choose the security method you want to add and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Note that when you set up two-factor authentication on Instagram, you'll need to choose from these:
- Login codes from a third party authentication app (such as Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator).
- Text message (SMS) codes from your mobile phone.
- After you've turned on two-factor authentication, you'll be able to see login requests, remove trusted devices and access backup codes for your account.