Top 10 Twitter tips and tricks to beat hackers; check full list
- Twitter Account Safety Tips: You can keep your Twitter account safe by doing a few things. Here are top 10 Twitter tips and tricks.
We use lots of applications nowadays, including gaming apps, social networking apps, etc. But, the more we are open to these apps and their uses the more we open ourselves to attacks from hackers. Early in the morning today the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) informed via a tweet that PM Narendra Modi's personal Twitter account was compromised. Though it has now been secured, it has made us acknowledge the fact that we need to protect our social networking accounts from hackers and here we list top 10 Twitter tips and tricks.
If you are a Twitter user, you can know that you can keep your Twitter account safe in several ways. You need to keep your password strong, use two factor verification, among others. Here are Top 10 ways using which you can keep your account safe and protected from hackers. You also need to take immediate action as soon as you feel that your account is being compromised or as you observe any activity happening in your account which you did not do.
Check the top 10 Twitter tips and tricks here:
1. Use a strong password that you do not reuse on other websites.
2. Use two-factor authentication.
3. Provide your email and phone number to request a reset password link or code.
4. Be cautious of suspicious links and always make sure you are on twitter.com before you enter your login information.
5. Never give your username and password out to third parties, especially those promising to get you followers, make you money, or verify you.
6. Make sure your computer software, including your browser, is up-to-date with the most recent upgrades and anti-virus software.
7. You need to know that Twitter will never ask you to provide your password via email, Direct Message, or reply.
8. Be cautious about new and suspicious login alerts.
9. Email address update alerts: Any time the email address associated with your Twitter account is changed, Twitter will send an email notification to the previously-used email address on your account.
10. Evaluate links on Twitter: Many Twitter users post links using URL shorteners, like bit.ly or TinyURL, to create unique, shortened links that are easier to share in Tweets. However, URL shorteners can obscure the end domain, making it difficult to tell where the link goes to.