Top 5 Telegram features that beat WhatsApp! HIDDEN posting to text recognition, check list
Telegram has certain features like hidden posting, deleting messages by date, text recognition that beat WhatsApp hollow.
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging applications across the globe. However, popularity may not translate into best features for users sometimes. WhatsApp has several competitors like Telegram, WeChat, Signal whose features, much to your surprise, WhatsApp lacks, leaving its users in the lurch. Here we bring you a bunch of features that are available on Telegram but not on WhatsApp. It can be noted that these features have been recently added to Telegram features list.
Telegram, in a blog post, has said that it is now offering tools to prevent others from saving content in groups and channels, the ability to delete messages from specific dates, new ways to manage users connected devices, hidden or anonymous posting in public groups on behalf of your channel and more.
Telegram features that beat WhatsApp:
1. Restrict message forwarding: Telegram Group and Channel owners who want to keep their content members-only can restrict message forwarding from their chat, which also prevents screenshots and limits the ability to save media from posts. To change users' ability to forward messages open the Group or Channel Info page > Group / Channel Type > Restrict Saving Content.
2. Delete messages by date: Telegram users can delete any messages from a conversation at any time. With this update, you can clear chat history from a specific day or date range in any one-on-one chat. To open the calendar, tap the date bar that pops up as you scroll through the chat – then choose which days to clear. It can be noted that clearing history by date currently only works in one-on-one chats, but messages in any chat can be set to auto-delete one day, week, or month after sending.
3. Anonymous or hidden posting in public groups: Public Groups and Channel Comments allow for discussions of any topic in massive communities with thousands of members. Telegram has added the ability to appear as a channel when sending messages in these chats. Tap the profile picture next to the message bar and choose one of your channels – the messages you send after that will appear with the name and photo of the channel instead of your personal account. When posting as your channel, you'll also see the channel name at the top of your message bubbles.
4. Manage connected devices: You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time, and the Devices menu helps you control where your account is logged in. Telegram has added a new button to quickly link a desktop device and a setting to automatically log out inactive devices after some time. Tap any device in the list to view more information and toggle whether it can accept calls or new Secret Chats.
5. Text Recognition on iOS 13+ : On devices with iOS 13 and above, Text Recognition (Live Text) is enabled for photos in Telegram chats, allowing you to quickly select, copy and search without touching your keyboard. This image recognition is securely handled entirely on your device. The list of supported languages is managed by Apple, so if yours isn't in the list yet, stay tuned for future OS updates.