Twitter account of BJP chief JP Nadda hacked! Crypto donations urged for Russia
Bharatiya Janata Party chief JP Nadda's Twitter account was compromised briefly today. Multiple tweets were posted on the Ukraine crisis.
In yet anther instance of Twitter accounts getting hacked, it has been reported that the handle of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief JP Nadda was compromised by hackers on Sunday. Multiple tweets were posted from the minister's Twitter account on the Ukraine crisis demanding cryptocurrency donations. However, Nadda's account has now been restored and the tweets by hackers have been deleted. Speaking on the incident, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics and Technology said to ANI, "We are aware of the hack and CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) is looking into it.
"It is now under control. We are speaking with Twitter to ascertain the exact reason," a party leader said, as quoted by PTI. Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Twitter account was also hacked briefly in December last year, and messages related to Bitcoin were posted.
Just days ago, Russia launched an attack against Ukraine and is currently waging a street by street fight in its capital Kyiv. Russian President Vladimir Putin had launched the war three days ago.
#UPDATE | BJP national president JP Nadda's Twitter account restored after it was briefly hacked. pic.twitter.com/WqMjqAkzr7— ANI (@ANI) February 27, 2022
Have you also been through the same situation? How will you know if your Twitter account has been compromised or not? If your account has been compromised but you are still able to log in then you can check out the details below to secure your account and stop unwanted behaviors. Check out how you can know if your account has been compromised here:
Has my Twitter account been compromised?
1. Noticed unexpected Tweets by your account.
2. Seen unintended Direct Messages sent from your account.
3. Observed other account behaviors you did not make or approve (like following, unfollowing, or blocking).
4. Received a notification from Twitter stating that your account may be compromised.
5. Received a notification from Twitter stating that your account information has changed, and you did not change it.
6. Noticed your password is no longer working and you are being prompted to reset it.
If you have noticed any of the above happening with your Twitter account, then it is possible that your Twitter account has been compromised.
How to secure your Twitter account
1. Change your password: You are advised to change your password immediately from the Password tab in settings. If you are logged out, go to Login and click on Forgot Password to reset your password. Please select a strong password you have not used before. If you cannot log in, your account may have been hacked.
2. Make sure your email address is secure: Make sure that the email address attached to your account is secure and that you are the only one with access to it. You can change your email address from your Twitter app (iOS or Android) or by logging in on twitter.com and visiting the Account settings tab.
3. Revoke connections to third-party applications: While logged in, visit Apps in your settings. Revoke access for any third-party application that you do not recognize.
4. Update your password in your trusted third-party applications: If a trusted external application uses your Twitter password, be sure to update your password in that application. Otherwise, you may be temporarily locked out of your account due to failed login attempts.
After following the above mentioned steps your account should now be secure, and you should not see the unexpected account behaviors moving forward. If you are still experiencing issues, you are advised to file a support request for assistance.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.