Windows 11: Useful or not? 5 things you need to focus on now
Windows 11 has been launched and users are looking for points of utility in this latest operating software released by Microsoft. It looks glitxy, but here are 5 Windows 11 points to focus on.
Windows 11 operating software is here and as is usual, and understandable, everyone is asking one question - what is in it for me? The point here is, will Windows 11 serve users in a better way than its previous avatars? Are just cosmetic changes on offer? Can Windows 11 save time, effort, be more productive or even entertaining? For this, each individual will have to decide for himself whether there are certain aspects in the software that are good for her or him, is the entire package bringing enough benefits to make it worthwhile to download or not at all. For its part, Microsoft has said that Windows 11 will 'empower your productivity and inspire your creativity'.
There is money to be made out there and each individual would be looking for utility value. To find these answers, users need to focus on these 5 points:
1. Windows 11 has a new Start button, Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and more in Windows 11 that are expected to allow easier access and use. Also, Microsoft says, "Start utilizes the power of the cloud and Microsoft 365 to show you your recent files no matter what platform or device you were viewing them on earlier, even if it was on an Android or iOS device."
2. More close-knit teams have been made possible. New Teams integration has been directly welded into the Taskbar. That means you can instantly get in touch with anyone. What is a big benefit is that this connectivity has been made possible across Windows, Android and iOS spanning text, chat, voice or even video.
3. Then there is Widgets. It is a new personalized feed powered by AI that opens a curated view directly from the desktop. It will provide news and information about the outside world you are interested in faster.
4. For gaming aficionados, Windows 11 offers a better Xbox experience. It now has Auto HDR, Direct Storage, and access to the Xbox app to play games.
5. A new Microsoft Store has been announced and it allows users to discover apps, games, movies and even special offers in a better and easier way. The notable part is that you can access Android apps on Windows now.
While all of these new Windows 11 features have been announced, only a first-hand experience will tell you whether you like it or not.
We will keep a close watch on this space and keep coming up with latest updates.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.