Realme launches Realme 8 series smartphones, Smart Scale, Smart Bulb
Realme on Wednesday hosted a special event wherein the company launched the Realme 8 series comprising of the Realme 8 and the Realme 8 Pro smartphones. The Realme 8 series is the successor to the Realme 7 series that was launched in September last year.
Apart from the Realme 8 series smartphones, the company also launched the Realme Smart Scale and the Realme Smart Bulb in India.
Additionally, the company also announced the Real Upgrade Program. This program enables customers to purchase the Realme 8 Pro by paying only 70% of the cost. The company says that this program is available on Flipkart in partnership with the e-retailer’s Smart Upgrade Plan. It’s also in Realme mainline stores.
With the real Upgrade Program, customers will have to pay only 70% of the original price of the smartphone during check-out. After 12 months, buyers can make payment of the remaining 30% and retain the existing smartphone. Alternatively, they can upgrade their smartphones with the latest smartphones in the plan by returning their current smartphones and paying only 70% of the new smartphone’s price.
Realme says that in this initiative customers can also avail discounts, bank offers and no-cost EMI up to 6 months on Flipkart. Interested buyers can purchase Realme 8 Pro via the Flipkart Smart Upgrade Plan by paying a nominal package cost of ₹11 applicable only on the first sale of Realme 8 Pro on March 25. With this program, the 6GB variant of the Realme 8 Pro will be available for ₹12,599, while the 8GB variant of the device will be available for ₹13,999.
Realme 8 series, Smart Scale, Smart Bulb price and availability
The 6GB+128GB variant of the Realme 8 Pro costs ₹17,999, while the 8GB+128GB variant costs ₹19,999. It will go on sale in Infinite Blue and Infinite Black colour variants via realme.com, Flipkart and mainline stores at 12PM on March 25. The Illuminating Yellow colour variant of the device will be available soon.
The 4GB+128GB variant of the Realme 8 costs ₹14,999, the 6GB+128GB variant costs ₹15,999, while the 8GB+128GB variant costs ₹16,999. This device will go on sale in Cyber Silver and Cyber Black colour variants via realme.com, Flipkart and mainline stores at 12PM on March 25.
The Realme Smart Scale costs ₹1,999. It will go on sale in Trendy Blue and Classic White colour variants via realme.com, Flipkart, Amazon and mainline stores at 12PM on March 30.
The Realme Smart Bulb, on the other hand, comes in two variants. While the 9W variant costs ₹799, the 12W variant costs ₹999. Both these variants will be available via realme.com, Flipkart, Amazon and mainline stores at 12PM on March 30.
Realme 8 Pro specs
The Realme 8 Pro comes with a 6.4-inch super AMOLED full-screen display with an in-display fingerprint sensor. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC that is coupled with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage space. It comes with a quad-rear camera setup consisting of a 108MP primary camera with Samsung’s ISOCELL HM2 sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP macro lens and a 2MP black and white lens. On the front, it has a 16MP selfie camera. It comes with a large 4,500mAh battery with support for 50W SuperDart Charge technology, which the company claims can charge the phone to 100% in 47 minutes.
Realme 8 specs
The Realme 8, on the other hand, comes with a 6.4-inch super AMOLED full-screen display. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 SoC that is coupled with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage space. It comes with a quad-rear camera setup consisting of a 64MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP macro lens and a 2MP black and white lens. On the front, it has a 16MP selfie camera. It comes with a large 5,000mAh battery with support for 30W Dart Charge technology.
It can detect 16 different health-related data that includes BMI, Muscle Mass and Body Age among others. Realm says that these data points give users a comprehensive picture of their body and share valuable information for them to check the health condition of their body. The Realme Smart Scale also supports real-time heart rate monitoring. It can accurately measure items between 0.05 kg (or 50g) and 9.99 kg and it runs on 4AA batteries. It can go without changing the battery for around 360 days. It has Bluetooth 5.0 for connectivity, which allows it to connect to the Realme link App to sync users' body data and generate data reports. The scale also supports connecting to up to four smartphones.
It supports 16 million colours and a wide range of colour temperatures from crisp cool shades to warmer tones. It features support for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. It also connects to the Realme Link app giving users more functions like adjusting brightness, colour, making light groups, choosing between the many preset moods, or customising a mood setup according to their needs. It comes with a lifespan of up to 13 years and two years of warranty.