Reliance Jio-Mubadala deal: 6 key things to know
Jio-Mubadala deal: Reliance has raised more money for its Jio platforms. The latest comes from Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala.
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has continued to raise investments for its Jio platforms. The latest is Abu Dhabi-based investor Mubadala Investment Company (Mubadala). The company has bagged an investment of ₹9,093.60 crore in Jio platforms from the Abu Dhabi investor in exchange of a 1.85% equity stake.
Here are six important things to know about the Reliance Jio- Mubadala deal.
- This is the six investment in Jio platforms in the last six weeks
- The latest investment is at an equity value of ₹4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of ₹5.16 lakh crore, which is same as the recent investments.
- Jio platforms have now raised ₹87,655.35 crore from firms such as Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR and Mubadala.
- Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala has a wide portfolio which includes advanced manufacturing, semiconductors, metals & mining, pharmaceutical and medical technology, and more.
- Morgan Stanley served as financial advisor to Reliance Industries and AZB & Partners, and Davis Polk & Wardwell acted as legal counsel.