Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe user? These tips will stop you from losing money
Using UPI payments apps like Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe can sometimes cause you money loss due to various reasons including negligence on part of user. Here are a tips you need to follow to avoid it.
There are several Unified Payment Interface (UPI) apps like Google Pay (GPay), Paytm, PhonePe, among others that can be used to do online transactions. Online payments have increased in India mainly after the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic. However, while making payments via these apps you need to be aware of all the top UPI payments safety tips and tricks and thereby save yourself from suffering any money loss. You need to be alert and stay protected from online or cyber fraud too. Even a simple click on the wrong link can lead you in trouble by revealing all your crucial details to the fraudster.
The process of making online payment is very simple and easy, All you need to have is a smartphone which has any of the online payment making apps downloaded in it, and a bank account linked with your mobile number. You will have to register on the app in order to start using it. If you use any of the apps like Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, etc. you need to take care of certain things to avoid fraud and loss of money. Here are some of the safety tips which you should consider while making UPI payments. Also Read: Google Pay Hinglish? Yes, it exists! Here's how to enable it on iPhones and Android devices
UPI payments: Know the safety tips and tricks
1. Screen lock: Keeping a strong screen lock, password or PIN not only for your phone but also for all payment or financial transaction apps is very important. It not only saves your phone from landing in the wrong hands but also helps in avoiding leaking of personal and crucial details. However, you should avoid keeping simple passwords like your name, date of birth, mobile number, etc.
2. Do not share your PIN: You should never share your PIN with anyone. Sharing your PIN makes you vulnerable for frauds as anyone can access your phone and transfer the amount. In case you feel that your PIN has been exposed, you should change it immediately.
3. Do not click on unverified links or attend fake calls: Lots of fake messages containing links of some unverified keeps on popping in your inbox. You should avoid clicking on such links as it can cause you huge financial losses. You should also avoid picking up fake calls. The caller pretends to be calling from your bank or some other organisation and can ask you for your details like PIN, OTP, etc. Hackers usually share links or make calls and ask users to download a third-party app for verification. It can be noted that banks never ask for PIN, OTP or any other personal details.
4. Keep updating UPI App regularly: Every application requires an update and each update brings better features and benefits. You should always keep updating the UPI payment app to the latest version.
5. Avoid using multiple payment applications: You should avoid keeping multiple payment applications in your phone and should install only the trusted and verified payment applications from the PlayStore or App Store.