While the complainant has made six allegations against Google, the CCI has chosen to investigate only two of those counts.
On completion of the deal, Carlyle will hold about 25% stake in the business, with Airtel continuing to hold the remaining stake of about 75%.
In a 41-page order, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) said there was no violation of Section 4 of the Competition Act.
The CCI in January ordered a probe into alleged violations of competition law and certain discounting practices by Flipkart and Amazon.
Amazon is going to invest $1 billion (₹7,087 crores approx) in digitising small and medium businesses on its platform in India
According to the traders’ body, “the discounts on the online platforms such as Amazon and Flipkart are predatory in nature and the government should ...
The Indian watchdog could ask its investigations unit to further investigate the accusations against Google, or throw out the complaint if it lacks merit.
Google was alleged to have indulged in anti-competitive practices with respect to its advertising platform AdWords.
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) in February this year had imposed a fine of ₹136 crore on search engine major Google for ...